Saturday, July 25, 2009

Living life the 80/20 way.



It's a name of a book by Robert Koch. I started reading self improvement books since quite a while now, and the best one is the one mentioned above.

It is based on a scientifically proven fact, it is a very practical book and I have learnt a lot from this book. It says that 80% of happiness and results in life come from 20% of efforts. We need to think about our happy times, what was so different than and try to do that more often.

We should spent more time with people we care about, we should try to achieve more with less and not more with more, which is what everybody looks for.

There are many ways of doing things, we should choose the option which will require minimum effort and will fetch us maximum result. We need to train our mind to think in this way, always look out for options and choose the best option.

Well that's some things which I read in the book, it is a very good read and I would recommend everyone to check out the book. One last thing that I would like to mention that the book says is: "We should earn to live and not live to earn".

Well apart from the book, I am having the time of my life right now, I am spending more time learning and enjoying playing sports and less time wasting on TV and on things which are not important to me or which will not make me happy.

I went for the movie "Hangover" yesterday, it was an awesome movie, I went with my room mates, we went to PVR, very nice cinema and tickets were only 100 bucks for night show, I remember giving 175 in PVR mumbai for an evening show.

Everything else is fine, our project went well and everybody is impressed by our work. I also learnt a lot from the experience and am now looking to build Competency in few technologies.

1 comment:

BHAKTI said...

hey kaku...i enjoyed reading this post...its good that u r learning from self-help books...
i still only like to read fiction though...coz this all seems like common-sense to me...i mean u already kind of know this dont u? that u shud spend more time with the ppl u love and try to be happy and all...
anyways...i do believe in "working to live" and not "living to work"...there is so much more to life than just work...
so have fun...i know u r going to bombay on 13th...i hope u guys got the visa date for 14th...
v havent watched hangover yet...but v will soon...