Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Mumbai Diaries

 No. This is not about the movie Dhobhi Ghat. I have better things to do in life than see stupid crap art movies. This post is about my visit to home in this looong weekend.

 Last Sunday I came back to Pune DC from Hyderabad, also I am getting release from my current project from next friday. Looking forward to what comes next! :D. However I did take an off, last Friday and came home after doing morning shift on Thursday!

 I have a very bad impression of Neeta travels, based on my experiences and thankfully this time I traveled in some other travels. Dunno name but Purple was written in the front and Prasanna on the back of the bus. The best thing about this bus was that it was a non stop bus from Pune, started at 5PM, reached Panvel at 0630 and I reached home @ 0830...in time for dinner! :D


  Whenever I go home there always good home food waiting for me. This time was no different, Dal dhokdi, Cheese Pav Bhaji.Undhyu-Puri-Basundi, Dum Aloo Kashmiri and Ragda Pattice..Also Gajjar no halwo and halwasan of Ahmedabad for sweets!! :D . Thank You mama for putting in all the effort...bhagwan tamara dikra nu kalyan kare.. ;)


 Another thing you do when you go home is help out the family with the electronics stuff. Had to buy a chord-less phone, got one today. They are so pale comparing to the mobiles, I was hoping for a touch screen chord-less phone or something....so did that and also went to Taj Lands End, Bandra to celebrate the loong overdue anniversary celebration of mom and dad. Nice time there. One Veg Handi costs 700bucks and one garlic naan 215 bucks....they did have the silver spoon, fork and knife though.. :D


 What else, this time my neighbor Shrikanth is also here. Went to Oberoi mall with him yesterday, again something long overdue.  Oberoi mall is really nice, it is decently big and has everything in it. It has a biiiiiiig croma store and I had to check out XBOX 360 Kinect and Playstation Go and so I did.


 I went in to the store and I asked them if they have it on display, they had and I went there. I was searching for some joystick kinda thing but was amazed that its all gesture recognition. Played football, table tennis and boxing till my shoulders and legs started paining...(30mins) ..had great fun. Really nice thing. Di'nt have any energy left for the playstation, will check that next time. However I do know one thing that playstation 3 go is the best followed by Wii and XBOX is last. Always remember one thing..Microsoft is last in everything these days.. ;)

 Also Oberoi mall has a furniture showroom and we do what we do...we go there sit on the recliner and move up the leg support...Joey style.. ;) We also take pics till the store person tells us to stop..Mysore, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai...somethings never change...hehe

 Also the mall has a big crossword store and lots of good food options. The ambiance is also good in the food courts. Also played all the arcade games kids play...seating on a bike and driving it with a screen in front and all. FTR....I came 2nd in the Super Bixes console on my first attempt.... B-)

 Nothing else really, recently won a SitnGo in Poker and got 45k chips and my chip level is above $250K  now B-)  . I think India lost the 5th ODI, but should win the world cup!!! Manchester United spanked Birmingham 5-0 with Berbatov scoring a brace. Still undefeated in the league, they are at the top with two points lead over Arsenal and a game in hand!

 That's it...back to Pune tomorrow..hope not to get a Neeta bus...the stupid old Neeta bus with unnecessary stops in between which takes a lot of time!!! :@

No comments: