Monday, May 16, 2011

My First Android App on the way!

  First things first, the title says "on the way" and it is on the way and not yet arrived! :P This is something in my mind since long long time,to develop an android application. I did download Eclipse long back, but the exe was corrupted. After that I got busy with other things and somehow the android app slipped out.

 Well today I downloaded another Eclipse exe and it worked fine. Hooked it up with the r11 android sdk installer for Windows. Some archived versions of the SDK like the 2.2, 2.3 along with the current 3.1. Currently playing with the Android 2.2, API Level 8. The 3.1 is the latest available version, however 3.0 onwards have been designed specifically for tablets and the avd for that is very very resource hungry, so sticking to froyo for now.
 Tested a few demo apps and works fine in the avd. Now its time to make one of my own. I am thinking of either a utility app or a quote kinda app, where you get various inspiring quotes. I was also thinking of a sticky notes or a Hangman game for android devices when the idea of android development came to my mind first. However, there are already loads and loads of similar application available in the Android market.

 May be I will ponder a couple of days more on what to build. Most probably I will build something simple to start with and than get innovative successively. Development, especially of a complete application is not that simple and I hope I will be able to make something good. Hopefully one of my next post will be titled: My First Android App Released! :-)

If you are interested in Android development too, if you wanna learn or if you wanna join me, feel free to contact me. 

1 comment:

Richi rich said...

Seems bit interesting...let us now more abt it:)