Monday, February 17, 2014

Lone Survivor

 I had not heard of this movie 3 days before today. I was planning to go for 'The Lego Movie', however the timings were not suiting me, so I thought to check, what else is going on?

 I saw this name, never saw any tailor or poster about it anywhere, it was unheard of. Searched online, read a couple of sentences and I decided, I gotta watch this one.


It is a true story about US Navy SEALs, how a plan to capture a terrorist turns upside down. How 4 soldiers have to face an army of al-Queda , and how against all odds, there is a Lone Survivor.

 The movie starts with all the rigorous training a Navy SEAL has to go through, how much the armed forces cares about any of it's surviving personnel, and also there is a story of humanity. No country, no religion is bad, just that there are a bunch of people who make it look bad. A whole village in Afghanistan fought against al-Queda to save the surviving Navy SEAL, and they were all native of Afghanistan.



 It is an adult movie, there is lot of violence in it. For someone who has played Counter Strike before, this is like ultimate fantasy! Also there are a few scenes where the soldier removes bullets from his own body, it is shown very realistically, and not many people can see it. I can say whole of the movie is realistic and logical! In the end there is a tribute to the 4 soldiers, on whom the movie is based.



 I can definitely say it is another nice movie, with some similarities to Captain Phillips. I got the top most row being a weekday. There were barely 15 odd people in the hall owing to simultaneous release of Gunday.

 Did I see Gunday? Well hell yes, I see 2 movies every week!! Why din't I write about Gunday then? Well I read somewhere on facebook recently: Bollywood makes money, Hollywood makes movies! 

No comments: