Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Google Nexus 5...

 To start with I would like to look back in time. It was 28th November, 2010, when I bought my previous phone. Samsung Wave 723, it served me very well for more than 3 years. It has been a wonderful journey, and I will always remember you for all that you have done for me. Your 5MP camera with LED flash, and the 5.1 surround sound were notably outstanding. However, all good things come to an end my friend, it's time for both of us to move on. 




 The date for the upgrade of the phone in my life was 3rd March, 2014. A big upgrade too, Google Nexus 5, the phone of the year in 2013, and I would be a proud owner of it. The moment it came in front of my eye, my happiness knew no limits, I was on cloud 10...(cloud 9 is very dreary) It was like a wonder of the world is in my hand. The first time I turned it on, it said Google and I was like WOW…I finally own the great legend, the great masterpiece of my time.
  

 I went outside and got my sim-card cut, so that it could fit in this one. Then I registered my google account with the phone….and the rest they say is history. It is a wonderful phone. Superfast, super slick and super light. You get a feeling of pride holding it. Touch screen is very responsive, loads of Android features and applications. My previous phone had bada OS, and not many apps available. Finally, I am now on WhatsApp! The camera of the phone is too good, it has 8MP primary, and 1.3 MP secondary. I clicked a few shots in office yest, they came out wonderful.


 I also got Android 4.4.2 Kitkat pre-installed.  One of the icon called “Play Games” was not opening, but then after the apps update, it is working fine now. One can anyways access all the Games from the PlayStore. I have bought the 16GB version, and I have around 12GB available, I would have been happy for anything above 10GB, and so I am.


 One thing I noticed, and it is a known fact that Android phones eat a lot of battery, on an average the battery lasts a day and a half max. However, the charging is also ultra quick, or may be because my handset is new.  Lot of security features are available, there are 5 ways to unlock the screen, we can do it using Slide, Face Unlock, Pattern, Pin and Password. Lot of other administration features also available.

 My laptop seems redundant now, the only time I would use it would be to write my blog, or type an email, everything else would be done from the phone now…

Finally, thanks a lot to my sister and jiju for the phone, I am really happy to have it and am enjoying it a lot!!

No comments: