Sunday, December 5, 2010

Samsung TABLET, Olive PAD and 4D Movie

 Do I love my job? ?Hmm...not really, it  is very chindi work, I need more technical work. Do I love my life? YES. My life is as it is..because of my job, so consequently you may say I love my job too...somewhat. Well I am trying to say...I have to work so damn hard(like a majoor) that I have to enjoy weekend harder..so I like the weekend part of my job the most ;)



 It was around a month back that I went to my first Apple store. I was asking so many questions that those poor people felt embarassed...yeah happens everytime I go to an electronics gadget store. Today on agenda was  watching a 4D movie, buying Digit of current month, getting a screen guard for sada Wave 723 and buying Chocolate Wheels.

 First I went to GVK one, same shop from where I bought the cell, they did not have the screen guard yet. However, I did ask them to let me use their Wifi on my cell to test it, and I did upload a couple of pics on FB of my bday. Surprisingly my balance went down by around 100 bucks after using wifi! Still pondering...



 Ok so after that I went to see my first ever 4D movie. Well to start with the hall was small one...32 seater, however the seats were like one you get in a roller coaster...and catch the hint! A 4D movie is like normal 3D movie plus the seat tilts up and down over horizontal axis, like in a roller coaster. Also you feel some affects...like you feel a puff of air on your face if there is a scene involving a house coming down. Also they release smoke around you...if the same is on screen. These were the couple I experienced, I guess there would be more such physical effects. I saw the movie on Pirates, it had only music, no dialogue and it was pretty short..around 15mins..also the movement of the seat was with high jerk. Again to give you an idea...the seat will go up and down if onscreen someone is falling down from a slide or in an airconditioner tunnel. The technology is good...hope with time it will be utilized in much better way..especially the movie should have dialogues.

 Ok...rushed from GVK one to Hyderabad Central..samnech hai..for McD. After tht had to search for Crossword for Digit. Digit is like Bible, Quran and the ultimate holy book for an IT guy. Especially the June and December issues are something you should go to jail for not buying. Got the December collector's edition. One of DVD contains tools for building Android apps and there are loads of prizes. Remember when I bought June edition, I had won online training worth Rs 750 each of php and linux. Fingers crossed...




 So...me in Central and what do I see..there is a samsung stall down there. I go there and I ask them what is the price of Wave 723. Ans: 12,900. Thou smiles as thou got thee for 12,650 :D. Also I got hands on the Samsung Tablet. I have not used iPad before, but Samsung Tablet is supera... Android 2.2, good camera, nice UI, has a secondary front VGA camera for video calling. Also I don't remember exactly how much, but it comes with good memory as well. For me it is the best tablet in market currently. Then I got playing with Samsung Galaxy S, one thing you notice that it is same as the tablet in every manner, except it's a phone. It feels like a mini tablet.  Other difference would be you can't put the tablet in your pocket ;) I thought that tablets are not such a good thing..but I guess with the future in the cloud..I would gladly use a tablet over a lappy!


 Olive PAD is the cheapest in the market at Rs. 24,000. Got hands on one of those as well. To describe it in one line: "It is cheap and it is cheap!" It is Android 2.1, apart from that it is a disaster. The stupid menu comes only in horizontal view...illa in vertical view. I guess the PAD does not have a good accelerometer. You get vertical view only for typing messages. Also another annoying point is on it's internal memory alone..i.e w/o a SD card..you can't view pictures or listen to music. Internal memory only supports the OS and the contacts. I told the stupid people at the store to put a SD in it!

 Uske baad...went to Karachi Bakery, to get half a kg of Chocolate Wheels...something pending since long time. Also saw..khele hum jee jaan se yesterday..good movie..but not if you work in IT field, except if you are on bench ;) . Next week is morning paali, have to check out Narnia 3D..hopefully @ 1Re :))




 Also turned 25 last week. Got a Wave 723, iPod Cake (thnx to Bhakti), chocolates, Zero 1 body spray and worlds's greatest brother mug..(bhakti again). When I held that mug I got a very proud feeling..like something achieved over 25 years..and one of the photo(the above one) I uploaded today from my cell is a potrait of that feeling...from the heart. Thanx to all of family and friends for being part of my life...and welcome to you also :P

No comments: