Sunday, November 28, 2010

28th November 2010

 It all started with the ungh uding early as I was tired, went to sleep early the nite before. Working in shifts have many advantages. One of them is you get to see and experience the dawn...the phase from dark to light, that period is beautiful. Also is the early morning air, it's really refreshing. And so I went for it. However, today I did Infy photography. You know like wild life photography, its a new stream of photography, the campuses are indeed so beautiful if seen from photogenic point of view. So, from 6AM to 0730AM, took around 100 photos.

 Did many new things also actually...like went straight to the centre of the cricket ground, took batting position on both sides..feel good moment! Also counted the dimesion of the ground on all four sides from the centre of the pitch...60 and 56 steps straight and 50 and 54 steps side. Pitch 25 steps. Note I am saying in steps, not yards. Also felt the ground was really wet with due in the early morning. Had Puri Bhaji and Idli Wada for breakfast...gotta be hungry after roaming around the campus for sooo long takin pictures!!!



 Well the morning was just the begining of a memorable day to be. I booked tickets for Unstoppable. To start with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine(Fast and Furious guy). Wow...great star cast to start. Although I was thinking...man...Denzel Washington has become damn old...hehe..took me a while to recognize him in his bald look! Neways getting to the point, the movie is supera! Gr8! The director Tony Scot has made a movie before called "The Taking of Pelham 123" , again starring Denzel Washington and based on train scenario. That one is a good movie...but this one..as I said, supera!

 Unstoppable is a movie about a train with lots of cargo and gets loose! How? Well the driver gets down to switch the track and the train automatically shifts gear, gains speed and driver is not able to board it again. Sounds crazy, but the whole movie after that on how Denzel and Chris stop the train and save thousands of life is amazing. It's the kinda movie where you get lots of dhak dhak moments and in the end you get that feeling of happiness and content in your heart. Must watch movie..the sound effects are really awesome..so better watch it in Dolby. Rating 09/10. Check out here if you want more info on movie.


 Ok..still 28th November goin on. I was looking to buy a new cell phone since months. Had narrowed down to Samsung Galaxy 5 and Samsung Monte. Went to a store after the movie. He said both are 9.1g's. Galaxy is fine but Monte at 9.1g is a no-no. Then I saw Samsung Star Nxt, the next generation of Samsung Star, pretty cheap around 6.5g. Difference between the previous star is, this one also has social networking. However no 3g and wifi as expected and no flash in camera. Also majority users complaining on gsmarena. Watched some video reviews also of it. Time at store with Galaxy 5, Monte and Star Nxt till now, 45mins. Still not happy.


 Samsung Wave was like my dream phone to buy, but I dropped it as it was too expensive and I won't be using it for long. Then what I see, Samsung Wave 723. What is this, thought it was normal Wave and asked the price, the guy said 12.9k. I was like what!!!! It is actually the next generation of Wave. He said Wave is not available anymore. Difference between Wave and Wave 723, no Amoled screen for Wave 723. Everything else same. Comparatively price is 12.9k of 723 and around 17k of original Wave. Woohooo...yes baby I hopped on it. Also did some hardcore bargain to get it finally for Rs. 12650. Price of the same cell on Univercell site: Rs. 14k. Cell is launched last month itself..so not available yet on Mobile Store and Consumer Mate. Neways..point is end of the day...got a Wave for 12.6k!!!  Boy believe me when I tell you...my heart is still elated!!!

Note that this baby is not yet released according to many sites...I guess I am one if the firsts to get hands on it!!! Check out GSMArena and PhoneArena for specs.





 So, does it end there? No not really! Had heard about the Hard Rock Cafe. Thought of checkin it out as it was in the same mall where I saw the movie and got the cell. What is Hard Rock Cafe? Well it is mainly a bar..but one with a very sophisticated ambience. The theme of the cafe is a mixture of hiphop and retro. Music is awesome. The bar station is clad with lots of beautiful vodka batlis and is so big that there are two bar tenders. I asked them for something non alcoholic. He showed me the menu...there are around 5 options for non alcoholic mocktails all costing Rs. 185. Alcoholic shit costs Rs. 415 and you won't believe their Iced Tea is also alcoholic, contains some Rum!!! It was a huge cafe!!! Like a house...a villa actually! And also it was not dark like Pubs...good lighting..actually may be becuase I went at 4PM and it was all daylight,may be at night they would get in the Pub mode. I din't take the mocktail as had to leave for home and I thought..what the hell man...will come one day here with someone like Kesha and Megan Fox and spend all day here. Note, I am saying someone "like".... :)

 Oh boy...long post huh...also India won first ODI against NZ today..more importantly I am a proud owner of Samsung Wave 723!!!

No comments: