Sunday, September 21, 2014

Nexus 5 - Ultimate Gaming Collection!

 I have been a gamer since childhood. By gamer I mean an avid gamer, not a pro gamer. I loved and still love playing games. It all started with Brian Lara Cricket on my cousin's computer. It was long back, they had a black and white monitor, and the computer was used only for playing that game. After that I got a computer and used to play Quake 3, and many other small flash games. I also had a sega gaming console before, playing Contra and other games, we all have done that.


 I was however lucky enough to own a PS2, and I played a lot on it. Mostly NFS series, and sports like Cricket, FIFA, F1 and Lawn Tennis. I had and still do have many car and bike racing DVDs of my PS2. After that I got a Nintendo Wii from US, that was good for work out, however controls are not as smooth as you would expect, it is still a pre-mature technology. And then...Nexus 5 came in ma life!!



 My last blog related to gaming on Nexus 5 was on May 1. A lot has changed since. Believe it or not, I have 26 games on my Nexus 5 currently, compared to the 9 which I had then. To start with I installed a lot of word games, I am a voracious writer, and words are my poison. I have got Wordament, Snap Attack, 5 Clues, 4 Pics 1 Word, Word Search and Vocabul Jumble to play with. This is something good, you learn along with having fun. Another terrific games I got is Quiz Up, this is amazing. You can play quiz agianst anyone in the world, as well as your friends on over 500 topics. My favorite topics are Computer Science, and Cricket. I can proudly say I have beaten the best in Computer Science from Italy and Poland, and many others which I am proud of!


  Let's get to big games now. I got CSR Racing, which is an ultimate drag racing game. Similar to NFS series, you fight up against a gang, and beat the boss in the end. There are 5 gangs. You can upgrade you car, and compete in lotta other races too, to earn money for car upgrade. The music is scintillating, and game play is terrific too1


Then I got WWE SuperCard,I remember playing this in childhood, where you would have all cards with details of each wrestler like rank, chest, biceps, fights fought, figths won, etc, and you would have to win all the cards to win the game, this is just like that and really cool and addictive. I played from midnight to 4AM the day I installed it, and I am still undefeated with 36 wins!! :P


 Another big game I got is FIFA 14, having played FIFA a lot on PS2, this is not new for me. Only the AI has improved a lot, and new game modes, however this is over 1 GB game so you would need space on your mobile. Real Cricket 14 is another big game I have installed today itself, I am going to check it out, but based on screen shots, and reviews it does look promising. Stick Cricket Partnerships and Tennis 3D are still there from before. I got 3D bowling too now, I tried Pool, but I am not into it much.


 I have got a bunch of aircraft combat and simulator games. The best one is Rise Of Glory, it has really good dog fights and lot of missions. You start with a classic World War 1 wooden plane, controls are pretty simple and there is not much to complain about.  iFighter 1945 is a 2D but highly impressive game , really nice what they have managed to do with 2D only effects. Fly Plane - Flight teaches you how to fly a commercial jet, pretty neat, you get a feeling on how much reponsibility is there in the hands of the pilot, the landing is the toughest part I found. Space Agency is also still there from before, but I have stopped playing it, will retain it though!


 Spider Man Unlimited is the last notable game I would like to write of. It is one of the best game I have on my cell currently. Amazing graphics, gameplay and story line. So loaded with all these games in a 16GB model, along with a lot of apps, I guess I am using my cell phone pretty well and to the fullest.

No comments: