Sunday, July 26, 2015

Trek to Purandar!!

So I am working in shifts, and as I said before am facing a bit of problem in shift transitioning. Last week I had my second week of night shift of this rotation. Last day of night shift was on Saturday night, and had afternoon shift from Monday. I had to make sure my transition is smooth and quick. Instead of sleeping on Sunday, I decided to go for trek, so that it would be a much needed break as well and also will be able to sleep in night, fresh for day shift hence. It was a horrid week; I was on incident calls throughout shift, 2 days in a row.


So anyways, I called up my dear buddy Rajesh Sir, and asked him wassup! Proposed him to go for trek, and he agreed. Purandar fort was in my mind since long time. I remember my good old friend Kedya telling me you need a vehicle to go there and the trek is also not tough. We looked up the map and started. It comes on the Mumbai Bangalore highway, towards Bangalore from Pune. The weather was nice, not rainy but a bit cloudy. The fort is 65 kms from my place.


We were riding on Activa, and for good part of 65kms while going I rode. It was wonderful experience. There is a big tunnel also which comes in between. The road is good, nonstop and well maintained. There was not much traffic as well, riding was a pleasure. There is a Balaji temple also which comes on the way; we decided to do darshan there on the way. It was a first time visit to South Indian temple; it was very colorful, well maintained and well administered. Also it was first time; I rode so much on a highway too!


We moved forward to the fort after darshan, there was a ghat we climbed. Yes, I rode there too right till up there. It was first time experience riding up a ghat, Rajesh was giving me useful tips too for driving up, it helped and we reached up to the entry point of trekking. Purandar fort is now under Indian army, they are building training camp there, so no camera or camera phones allowed. We put our mobiles in the activa dunk.


We started trekking; it took us around 2 hours to go till the top. Yes, we went right up to the temple. There is very less left of the fort, but the temple is still impact. It was my 4th Fort trek, already completed Singhad Fort, Lohgard Fort and Murud Zanjeera Fort. Completed all treks, like others even this was a bit tough, but I dint give up, took breaks and kept going and did manage to conquer Fort Purandar!!!

No comments: