Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grad Studies at Purdue School of Science!

 There was a time when I was very excited about my undergrad studies and how happy I felt when I called myself a 'Computer Engineer'. I had a job offer in hand from Infosys Technologies Limited and in one of my previous posts I have described how major of a role it played in my development in understanding the industry.

 I learnt a lot at Infy and now as I am in the first week of my graduate school, it all seems to pay off. I have not quite read the book called "Connect the Dots" (except the back cover of it ;)), however if I see my progression and increase in knowledge and development as a person, it has been one hell of a journey so far!

 Graduate school life is a lot different than Infy. At Infy I had very good salary, 5 star accommodation in guest houses, world class IT infrastructure and  facilities and uncountable number of wonderful friends. However giving it all up was a tough decision and my friends and colleagues got a farwell email from me with a subject saying "With tears in my eyes.." on my final day..dunno somehow it was too emotional for me to part away from Infy!

 However coming to US, doing grad studies at one of the top schools in the world with the best of the faculty and students of the same field sharing same interests and passion has been wonderful indeed. The course is very thought simulating and very advanced and I am aware whats coming my way...I will have to work very  hard for a couple years...damn work like hell, but it's all worth it because I am enjoying it a lot!

 I was told that universities in US don't have as good a infrastructure as Infy campuses. Well my university has an urban campus, is a very very happening and buzzing place. IT infrastructure is wonderful, a library wid 4 floors is astonishing and an indoor temperature controlled Olympic size swimming pool where Michael Phelps used to train???...the list just goes one! \m/

No comments: