Monday, August 29, 2011

The Soccer Dream !



 It was years back and the time when Ruud Van Nistelrooy was the number one striker for Manchester United. It as the time when Micheal Schumacher was ruling the world of F1 in the prancing horse. It was the time when Shawn Micheal, Undertaker, The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin were in WWE and there was more fighting and less drama!

 That was the time I was in school. Remember watching all the Manchester United matches, even my dad used to join in if he had time and how I had to convince mom to let go off her Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi during special matches of Champions League and PayPerView events of WWE. I guess most of you who are working/doin grad studies can related to all this....


 I have played lots of cricket back home, only watched soccer on TV, playing it was kinda dream for me. My friends in neighborhood knew a bit and we actually used to play some with the small red cricket rubber ball when I was in school...sounds funny but we can't really play with a soccer ball in the apartment compound! Come undergrad school and we went to the beach to play some soccer...most of them were amateurs and got exhausted running around after 10 mins...I was damn exhausted too!


Just played a bit of soccer yesterday in a small park along the Canal here. brought back all the soccer memories...all the Manchester United moments...the fights with friends who support Chelsea and Arsenal. All the uncountable hours of FIFA 2007 and 2010 on PS2. Playing soccer yesterday was very enjoyable and it meant a lot. I am gonna learn soccer now, practice regulary and one day play for some team(may be the college team)...even playing for recreation is fine...but I am gonna play...I AM GAME!!!

No comments: