Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Religion called Humanity!

 Religion and Politics are two topics which I normally choose not to discuss. Frankly, I never imagined I would actually blog about one of them here.  As far as I am concerned I believe all religions are equal and I respect and appreciate all the religions. For me it’s more important to be human first than to implicate to any other religion. Well, this is the way I see it, I am fortunate to have got all the education, and the knowledge I have attained, still there might be more than 50% people in the world who do not even have college education and an online presence.

I don’t wanna state the number of religions present in this world or neither will I criticize or compare any religions. This post is about what it states; it’s about a religion called Humanity. We have reached a level of evolution where we can actually do away with religion. There are over 700 million people on FB right now, I don’t think many of them would actually check the religious view of a person before adding them!


 I am a big fan of Dan Brown and the work he has down, the research which he would have done to bring out the master pieces that he has is just unimaginable. He has also managed to keep a low profile despite writing five awesome books. Many times I wonder, what is this guy, who is this guy? Does he have a day job too, what’s his background like. I myself love writing and if you see from the point of view of an author, writing those book ain't a walk in any park!


Coming back to religion, many battles and sometimes even world wars have been fought on the name of religion. The chances are that the wars may actually have more of a financial motive to it. However, the fact is there are still many places and countries around the world, where people are discriminated on the basis of their color or religion.


Why can’t we all be just humans? We are all same after all! Why to be so precarious about each other. Why to create differences among ourselves when there are not any present? We are all children of mother earth. We all get life from the same sun. We all are exactly identical biologically as well as chemically. Evolution is one thing, but if you see other mammals and animals, they might actually have few things better than us.


Religion gets associated with politics somehow. There is lot of power in politics. Lot of power transcends to lot of money. Greed and violence is something which the human race needs to overcome for  faster development and survival. We are our biggest enemy if you see it that way, at least currently. The notion that:  ‘Only when our existence is threatened, we choose to change’ is a universal actuality. However, sometimes it is too late and that itself may cause into extinction of species along with extinction of the planets.


I did not quite expect to jump from religion to Dan Brown and then to Astronomy, however the point is they all are related and I never actually wanted to write about religion in specific. I am a human first and the day the rest of the world will be mature enough, wise enough and tolerant enough to understand and digest this fact, it would be a completely different world, a world where Humanity would be the only religion!

1 comment:

Pegasus said...

Sensitive topic/views put forward cleverly.Hope a religious fanatic don't read ur post