Wednesday, November 13, 2013

3 Movies and Sachin Tendulkar

 To start with, last blog post was written when I was in the midst of watching TBBT, so it was highly influenced by that. Apology if anyone found it weird or rude or confusing...Well back to sanity, I saw 3 movies in the last 10 days. Good thing about having a job, you can watch almost all the movies, something which was a constraint in the college days. I saw these 3 movies recently: Krrish 3, Thor 2 and Captain Phillips.


 To start with Krrish 3,it's a good movie, I really liked the action and the special affects. Direction is also good. Songs are something which could have been better. However, still it crossed the 200 Crores gross. That's a good achievement. One more reason, why I like this movie in particular is, it is about an Indian super-hero. I am in to super heroes since long time, Superman, Spiderman, The Hulk...and now Krrish 3, it gives me a feeling of pride, that our superhero is right up there with all of them!


 One more reason to support the above argument is, I saw Thor 2 after Krrish 3. I did not find Thor 2 few times better than Krrish 3. Thor 2 was in 3D, but still did not outshine Krrish 3. However, I would like to add that Thor 2 is a good movie too. There are not many 3D effects, but still it has a story, it has lots of interesting concepts like the '7 Realms' and the 'convergence'. The dark matter 'ether', is also there in the movie, so to sum it up, someone like me who has interest in astrophysics and the origin of universe kinda stuff along with liking for superheroes, this movie is a treat!!


 I saw the third movie today. Captain Phillips. It's about a US cargo ship being hijacked by Somalian pirates, and how the US Navy saves the Captain of the cargo ship from the pirates. Tom Hanks, plays the role of the Captain, and he is simply amazing. Surely a contender for best actor at the Oscars. Also the movie shows the might of US Navy. I especially love the scene when the snipers bring down the pirates in the lifeboat. The dialogue is "Stop the tow..Execute". Defining moment in the movie for me. However, I think cargo ships should have some security, as they carry tonnes of valuable cargo and go through hostile waters. This is a true story, and I thought, having even a dozen armed guards or a dozen US Navy people would have helped a lot in this case, or for any case where pirates try to hijack a cargo ship.


 Finally Sachin Tendulkar! I have posts for Dhoni, Dada and Dravid in my blog. But still no post of the great master blaster, the God of Cricket. He is going to play his last test match , 200th one, against West Indies on 14th November, 2013. He has retired from all other forms of cricket. I still have the pictures, which I used to cut from the newspaper, when I was in the school in the 90s(There was not much internet then). I have a file of Sachin's photos!


I think no blog or no comment can do justice to the greatness of this legend. Still I would try to write something interesting soon. However, I did notice one thing today, there is a show on Star Sports called 'Sachin Sachin', and there, everyone discuss the greatness of the man. Rahul Dravid, was also there. He being a great legend himself, it show great humiliy and humbleness in coming to that show. He was always overshadowed by Sachin, but still he was always happy to play under that shadow, and is still happy to talk about him. #Respect

No comments: