Monday, November 8, 2010

Diwali 2010, My

Come Diwali 2010, 5 day trip planned to Mumbai. I was in Hyderabad on Microsoft project, needing a respite from the hectic work and I was looking forward to it. It was a wonderful trip and here it goes.


For those who have missed any flights before they would no how important it is to be early at the airport, desolately I am one of them. Reached the airport 3 hours before the flight, damn I was so early the airline guy said I will get boarding pass after one hour. So just rested for an hour as I had done raat pali the day before.

Did get the boarding pass and I went inside. Hyderabad airport after long time, first thing is it does look like an airport…last time I checked it looked like a mall! Neways I did the security check and was wandering. A book shop ne where is an ideal time pass for me and there is one at the Airport and I went right in, checking out some books. I was already carrying Freakanomics to read, but still I feel like home in places like big book shops and library.


I found a book called “Love, Life & a Beer Can” by Prashant Sharma. Pretty catchy name for sure. Started reading it, read some 8 pages and then I thought, what the hell..it’s just 100 bucks and pretty cool book, I bought it. After than I was feeling hungry, normally I don’t feel like eating idlis worth 75 bucks and parathas worth 120 bucks, but I was damn hungry and Pizza Hut looked inviting, I had a Spicy Veg meal. Damn there were lotta chilly in it and barely any veg, had to remove the chillies which left me with only chees . Ne ways the meal was worth it as after boarding I had a good nap in flight..partly due to meal and partly due to my night shift. First time I believe I have slept while flying.


One thing which is always good to come home is the wonderful home food. This time no different…Dal dhokdi, muthiya, undhiyu, basundi, Puri, Gulab Jamun, etc. Also this Diwali was good because I meet lot of relatives, especially Dhruv bhai after long time. Had got gifts for everyone and glad everyone liked it . Wanted to see Golmaal 3 but didn’t find time, also I am longing to see Oberoi mall since last three trips but am unable to :( .


Obama has come to India and his trip has been pretty good for India as well as him. Today there was an official meeting after which Obama and Manmohan Singh addressed media and answered media questions. There was one question on outsourcing and Mr.Singh said and I quote: “We are not in the business of stealing jobs!” This line is like…I dunno simply magnificent. He is close to Obama but to make such a statement openly, kudos to Prime Minister. Also Aaj Tak went crazy…their headlines were like “Manmohan ne mara maidan!” ……..ROTFL. Many agreements and deals were signed. Obama also said, India is already an emerged super power! Sounds nice to the ears.

I travelled in local trains of Mumbai after almost 3 years, went all the way to Thane form Vile Parle. Went in the afternoon, so was not that crowded, but still felt good to travel, in the lifeline of Mumbai.

One of the great days in history for Indian cricket, India 85 for 6 in second innings with one whole day to go. Harbhajan Singh slammed his maiden test ton today…what a time to do it too!! India saved the test match and man of match was Bhajji. Also Liverpool are back, back and how, beating league leaders Chelsea 2-0. Newcastle beat Arsenal 1-0. Hope ma club MAN UTD can capitalize on this. It was Red Bull 1-2 in the pen ultimate race of F1. I believe they have sealed the constructors championship.

Overall, it was a very good diwali, quality time with family, great food, some most needed rest, some travelling….and yes I did download Kssha and Taio Cruz songs!!! Also saw Top Gun…that’s one of my all time movie! Also the new LCD in hall is awesome…everything going well :D.

No comments: